39 Dalton St. is adjacent to the Sheraton Hotel and is located next to the Prudential Center. Northeastern student housing at 39 Dalton Street will encompass the entire, newly separated South Tower with a main entrance on Belvidere St. There are no hotel amenities such as linens, room cleaning, televisions, or mini fridges provided. Students are responsible for cleaning their rooms, bathrooms, and removing their trash.
Fall move in 2023
Hastings Hall Move-In will take place:
- Sunday, August 27 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, August 28 8:30am-6:00pm
- Wednesday, August 30 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
WHAT TO BRING
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
SHIPPING AND MAILING
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Prior to arrival all students will need to print their Cruise Ship Unloading Pass found on Housing Online.
Unloading Location: 39 Dalton South Tower Loading Dock --> Parking Location: Copley Place Garage --> Check-in Location: 39 Dalton Entry Terrace (Rain location in 39 Dalton Lobby)
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at the 39 Dalton South Tower Loading Dock. Please use this link as a location for driving directions to the start of the queue. You must to follow these as opposed to using your own navigation or GPS system. All drivers must approach the unloading location progressing westbound on Belvidere St from Huntington Avenue.
- Your unloading location and queue will proceed through an underground parking garage with height clearance of 6’8”. Only passenger vehicles of average width and under the height clearance will be able to proceed through the queue as outlined here, which also excludes vehicles with rooftop storage exceeding the height limitations. Those students arriving by any ride-hailing service should unload in the cab stand on Belvidere St immediately beyond the entry to the unloading queue instead of entering the queue.
- At the 39 Dalton South Tower Loading Dock, you will need to present your printed Cruise Ship Unloading Pass to the move support staff who will unload your belongings from the car into your one moving hamper. Move support will deliver your hamper of belongings to your assigned room listed on your Cruise Ship Unloading Pass. Once your belongings are removed from your hamper in your room, move support will bring your hamper back to the unloading station.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park at the Copley Garage for single day parking with a single use parking validation code provided at check in. To enter the Copley Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to scan both the validated code and ticket at exit. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
FOLLOW THIS ROUTE due to driving restrictions in place:
- Turn Right on Dalton St
- At the Light, turn Right onto Boylston St
- At the 4th Light, turn Right onto Exeter St
- At the Light, cross Huntington Ave to enter the Copley Place Garage
Take a ticket at entry. Use the validated bar code provided at student check-in for exit.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed to your check-in location, 39 Dalton Entry Terrace, to check in with Residential Life Staff.
Please note, other parking garages are located nearby, including the Prudential Center Garage. If you wish to park in the Prudential Center Garage, you will need to completely exit that garage as part of the move-in queue and reenter. To maintain traffic flow at the exit, you will not be permitted to make a U-turn to reenter the Prudential Center Garage on Dalton St.
If you choose a parking location other than the Copley Place Garage, or if you utilize the Copley Garage overnight or more than one time, you will be responsible for those parking fees.
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Bedroom Types: Suite-Style Rooms
In suite bathrooms for single and double occupancy rooms.
Security: Contract Security at entrance
Connections: Xfinity on Demand streaming and Northeastern wireless Internet
Mail delivery: ResMail
Laundry facilities: Yes
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Twin XL bed, desk/table and chair, drawers, closet space for each resident. In some cases there is a wardrobe in place of an inset closet.
- Central air conditioning (not activated during anticipated cold weather)
- Fitness center
Looking for information about the Residence Director or Resident Assistant (RA) Office information? CLICK HERE.