The Midtown is located on Huntington Avenue across from the Christian Science Center Reflecting Pool. For 2023-2024, Northeastern students will be occupying the entire hotel.
Fall 2023 Move In
Midtown Move-In will take place:
- Tuesday, August 29 8:30am-6:00pm
- Thursday, August 31 8:30am-6:00pm
- Saturday, September 2 8:30am-6:00pm
- Sunday, September 3 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, September 4 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
Unloading Location: Midtown Garage Rear Exit --> Parking Location: Columbus Garage --> Check-In Location: Midtown Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at Midtown Garage Rear Exit. Please use this link as a location for driving directions; however, you must enter Public Alley 404 from Cumberland Street.
- At the Midtown Garage Rear Exit, move support will be present to aid with unloading, and you will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hamper. You will not enter the Midtown Garage, and parking is not available on site.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height, or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed to your check-in location, Midtown Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- Move support will assist with taking your hamper from the garage to the first or second floors via the elevator. The elevator is only accessible during these official move-in days.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to Midtown Garage.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/31
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/2
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/3
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/4
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Bedroom Types: Suite-Style Rooms
In suite bathrooms for singe or double occupancy rooms. Some rooms are adjoining.
Security: Secured 24 Hours a day.
Connections: Midtown Cable and Internet
Laundry facilities: Yes
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet space for each resident. In some cases there is a wardrobe in place of an inset closet. Bedrooms are carpeted. Beds are either twin xl or full sized beds, indicated in room assignment notes.
Additional amenities: Central air conditioning (not activated during anticipated cold weather)
|Residence Director and RA Contact|
|Looking for information about the Residence Director or Resident Assistant (RA) Office information? CLICK HERE.|