This 6-story complex is located at 700 (Davenport A) and 696 (Davenport B) Columbus Avenue, right across the street from Carter Park and the Northeastern University Parking Garage.
Fall Move in 2023
Davenport Commons A and B and Douglass Park Move in will take place:
- Sunday, September 3 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, September 4th 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
Unloading Location: Davenport Curbside -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-In Location: Davenport Lobbies
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at Davenport Curbside. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. However, it is important you approach Davenport Street on Columbus Avenue from Tremont St to Melnea Cass Blvd then progressing eastbound on Columbus Avenue to enter the queue. (see pdf for map)
- At Davenport Curbside, you will receive unloading assistance to place your belongings from the car into your one to two moving hampers. You will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hamper.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. The easiest path is to turn right onto Tremont Street, follow the signage to turn right onto Coventry Street, turn right onto Columbus Avenue, and a quick left into the Columbus Garage.
- To enter Columbus garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan the ticket followed by the parking pass code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed with your hamper to your check-in location, Davenport A Lobby for Davenport A Residents and Davenport B Lobby for Davenport B & Douglass Park Residents, to check in with Residential Life Staff. Douglass Park residents will pick up their keys at the check in location. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to Davenport Curbside.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Apartment Types: 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-person apartments; majority of apartments are 5- or 6-person
Bedroom Types & Rates:
Enhanced single bedrooms
Enhanced double bedrooms
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet, Landline available through Verizon
Lounges: Davenport A: TV, pool table, and nearby study lounge Davenport B: TV, pool table, and foosball table
Enhanced apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchenette, bathroom, and common living area
Standard apartments: None
Economy apartments: None
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: Yes
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, and closet for each resident; dining table and chairs, living room furniture, carpeting, and divided bathroom with a door separating the shower and toilet from the sink and mirror.
Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator, oven, stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal
Additional amenities: Central air conditioning (not activated during anticipated cold weather), dishwashers, garbage disposals, full and half baths in 5-person apartments, and lounges with dry-erase boards.
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director and RA Contact|
|Looking for information about the Residence Director or Resident Assistant (RA) Office information? CLICK HERE.|