Smith Hall is a 3-story traditional style residence hall. Located on Hemenway Street, Smith Hall offers a variety of programming and study space for all its students.
Fall 2023 Move in
Smith Hall Move-In will take place:
- Tuesday, August 29 8:30am-6:00pm
- Saturday, September 2 8:30am-6:00pm
- Sunday, September 3 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, September 4 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
WHAT TO BRING
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
SHIPPING AND MAILING
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
PARKING AND DRIVING DIRECTIONS
Unloading Location: North Lot --> Parking Location: Columbus Garage --> Check-In Location: Smith Hall Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at North Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At North Lot, move support will be present to direct traffic and to assist with unloading your belongings from the car into one or two moving hampers. You will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed with your hamper to your check-in location, Smith Hall Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to North Lot.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/29
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/2
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/3
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/4
Standard single bedrooms
Standard double bedrooms
Economy double bedrooms
Economy triple bedrooms
Economy quad bedrooms
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet, Landline available through Verizon
Lounges: A mixture of study lounges are available on each floor.
Mail delivery: ResMail
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: On lower lobby level
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet space for each resident. Bedrooms are carpeted.
Additional amenities: Gaming tables are located in the lower lobby area.
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director and RA Contact|
|Looking for information about the Residence Director or Resident Assistant (RA) Office information? CLICK HERE.|