This 16-story apartment-style high-rise is located at 440 Huntington Avenue, across from the Museum of Fine Arts, and has spectacular views of the Boston skyline. In addition to its residences, the building is home to the College of Computer and Information Science and two 66-person classrooms. Students do not have to be enrolled in the College of Computer and Information Science to reside in this building.
Fall Move in 2023
West Village G and H Move-In will take place:
- Sunday, September 3 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, September 4th 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
Unloading Location: Leon Street Curbside -> Parking Location: West Village E Garage (Overflow in Columbus Garage) -> Check-In Location: West Village G Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at Leon Street Curbside. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At Leon Street Curbside, you will unload your belongings from the car into one to two moving hampers. Two hamper stations are located on Leon Street, one near each end, so you may use any available space on Leon St for unloading. You will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers at the hamper station.
- Move support will be present on Leon St to aid with unloading, in order to keep Leon St free of standing vehicles.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in the West Village E Parking Garage at the end of Leon St, while spaces remain available. All complimentary parking ends no later than 11pm, and in the West Village E Garage in particular, this is the time all pedestrian and vehicle entry and exit points close and lock. To enter West Village E Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking
- Overflow parking is available in the Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed with your hamper to your check-in location, West Village G Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to Leon Street Curbside.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Apartment Types: 4-person apartments
Enhanced single bedrooms
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet
Lounges: TV lounges
Enhanced apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchen, bathroom, and common living area
Standard apartments: None
Economy apartments: None
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: Yes
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser for each resident; dining table and chairs, living room furniture, and carpeting; divided bathroom with a door separating the shower and toilet from the sink and mirror.
Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator, oven, stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal
Additional amenities: Central air conditioning
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director Office: West Village G Lobby
Office Hours: 10am-5pm
Phone: (617) 373-3302
|Resident Assistant Staff Office: West Village G Lobby
Office Hours: 7pm-11pm
Phone: (617) 373-7324