International Village is split into 3 towers, East (22-Story), West (19-Story), and North (9-Story). International Village is conveniently located next to the T (subway & bus) station and a short walk from academic buildings. International Village includes a gym and a dining hall located on the first floor.
Fall 2023 Move-in information
International Village Move-In will take place:
- Tuesday, August 29 8:30am-6:00pm
- Wednesday, August 30 8:30am-6:00pm
- Thursday, August 31 8:30am-6:00pm
- Friday, September 1 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
The university’s preferred vendor for MicroFridge units has experienced an increase in demand due to anticipated grab-and-go dining options across the country. As we expect many dining options on campus to reflect this model, we recommend you discuss this option with your roommate. If you decide to rent or buy, you should place your order early. Small refrigerators under 5.0 cubic feet are permitted to be brought in lieu of a MicroFridge, but microwaves are not permitted unless part of a MicroFridge unit.
Parking and Driving Directions
Prior to arrival all students will need to print their Cruise Ship Unloading Pass found on their Housing Online portal.
Unloading Location: International Village Curbside -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-in Location: International Village Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus, you will first need to proceed to Unloading Location at International Village Curbside. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. It is easiest to approach on Columbus Ave, westbound from Massachusetts Ave.
- At International Village Curbside, you will need to present your printed Cruise Ship Unloading Pass to the move support staff who will unload your belongings from the car into one to two moving hampers. Move support will deliver your hamper of belongings to your assigned room listed on your Cruise Ship Unloading Pass.
- Once your belongings are removed from your hamper in your room, move support will bring your hamper back to the unloading station.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed to your check-in location, International Village Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/29
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/30
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/31
- Columbus Parking Pass 9/1
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Enhanced single semi-private bedrooms (shares bathroom with connecting room)
Enhanced double semi-private bedrooms (shares bathroom with connecting room)
Enhanced Triple semi-private bedrooms (shares bathroom with connecting room)
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet
Lounges: A mixture of multimedia, and study lounges are located throughout the building in all 3 towers
Laundry facilities: Located on 2nd floor of North Tower, 14th floor of West Tower, and 22nd Floor of East Tower
Trash Room: Located on 1st floor of East and West Tower.
Vending machines: Snack machine in main lobby, snack and drink machines in 2nd floor and 14th floor West and 22nd floor East laundry rooms.
Window shades: Yes, blinds.
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet space for each resident. In some cases there is a wardrobe in place of an inset closet. Bedrooms are tiled.
Additional amenities: Central air conditioning (not activated during anticipated cold weather), International Village Dining Hall is located on the main level, and features dedicated dining facilities for those with food sensitivities/allergies, as well as those that observe Halal or Kosher diets. International Village classrooms are located on the lower level. The bamboo garden is fully enclosed garden courtyard on the 2nd floor & the cardiovascular and weight facility is located adjacent to it. International Village is LEED Gold certified. International Village has wireless internet throughout the building. There is a network printer which students can access in the first floor lobby using their student print allowance. There are also ping pong & pool tables throughout the building.
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director and RA Contact|
|Looking for information about the Residence Director or Resident Assistant (RA) Office information? CLICK HERE.|